Very quick and easy. 20 mins all-in. Makes 15-20.
Recipe follows after the break…
- 200g Butter (or margarine)
- 150g Caster sugar
- 4-6 tablespoons golden syrup
- 200g porridge oats
- 200g Self-raising flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pre-heat over to Gas Mark 6, or 200ºC
- Grease 2 baking trays
- Melt butter, syrup and sugar in a pan over low heat on the hob. Do not boil (or it turns into toffee). Set aside.
- Sieve flour into mixing bowl, add bicarb and oats. Mix.
- Add buttery sauce to mixing bowl until it’s moist but not too sticky. You might not need to use all the mixture. Mix well.
- Roll into small balls, size of a cherry-tomato, or roughly dollop mixture onto baking trays. I prefer rough shapes as they are more artisan.
- Bake 8-10 mins until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 mins on side before transferring to a wire rack for cooling.