My second skeleton kit is called “Build Your Own Human Skeleton: Das menschliche Skelett zum Selberbauen (Taschen Specials)”. Taschen is the publisher I believe.
Initial comments about this kit :
- This kit is large. A2 or bigger
- The pieces are pre-cut, and just pop out easily with your fingers
- It’s made of thick card, less bendy
- No glue involved. It uses split pins to fasten joints together
- Joints move once pinned, as they swivel around the pins
- Wall bracket included so you can hang him on a wall
- All the bones are clearly marked in English and Latin
This is a quick kit to make progress with.
(I put the bean tin there to give a sense of scale)
Comparison with Skeleton #1 (from Osborne):
- #2 is easier to build
- #2 provides a more impressive result
- #2 is slightly more expensive (£12-ish instead of £7-ish)
We call ours Shirley (the skeleton) and she likes to dress up in Christmas tinsel and sun glasses !