This is where I get my kit from :
Tools and basic components
- Good range of boxes and components.
- Local business, based in Totton. Gives the SoutHACKton group a discount !
- Cheap delivery costs. Personal service if there is any issue. Really good.
- Rapid Components (***)
- 1-stop shop for most bits and pieces, tools…etc. Club together with friends, order more than £30 (pre-vat), and delivery is free, else it’s £5-ish
- RS components(***)
- ??? not looked at them yet
- Really expensive components, but some special offers, and some tools are cheaper here. I got a soldering iron with a digital display for target/actual temperature from here for £30 !
- Just a few arduino boards. A bit specialised to robotics maybe.
- S K Pang
- Lots of components + AVR stuff. Great.
- Looks good.
- Looks like a good collection of parts. £0.75 postage is really good.
- NU Electronics
- Protoshield is good. Freeduino is really cheap. Postage costs are currently £1 +£1/item. Quick delivery.
- Tinker it
- Their beginners kit looks better than the one I got, an cheaper too.
- Cool components
- Nice selection. Not the cheapest around.
See also the larger arduino list here : http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Main/Resources